You will be delighted to find that at least one of the Summer at Brown programs ended today. There was much hugging and sadness as I walked around campus today, and I almost felt like the S@B kids were real humans, until I witnessed a horrifying event.
Let me preface this with a list of ways I’ve traveled to the airport from campus, in order of increasing spoiled-ness (I promise this is relevant):
- By walking to Kennedy Plaza to catch the 66 bus, which makes a number of stops
- By taking the trolley to Kennedy Plaza and taking the 14, which is the express
- By taking the free school bus that Brown occasionally provides around breaks
- By taking the shuttle service that stops at Faunce
- By cramming into a cab with 3 other people with flights around the same time
- By taking a cab alone
List of ways I’ve NEVER traveled to the airport from campus:
- In a minivan cab by myself even though there are hundreds of other kids going to the airport after BITCHING OUT THE CAB DRIVER because it’s a minivan and not the LIMO I wanted.
Jesus balls. I hope to god that girl doesn’t survive to adulthood without someone addressing that entitlement issue. Apparently she called a cab service that advertised “limos and cabs” and assumed she’d be provided a limo without asking for one.
You will also be delighted to know, darling fellow Brown students, that the cluster computers are taking a LEAP into the FUTURE! Starting this year, the OS has been upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 (good plan skipping Vista), and the default browser is no longer Internet Explorer but rather Firefox. More info here– you may have to log in to view it, it’s a Google Doc.